Quick and Easy Tilapia
Well its officially summertime which for us means 90 degree weather with enough humidity to swim in. I won’t complain because I LOVE the hot weather and all of our outdoor summer activities. But that being said, with me and the hubs constantly working on summer and household projects, it leaves us little time and energy for cooking. When it gets crazy like this, we often fall into a pattern of just making junk food (think frozen pizza and quesadillas ) or ordering take-out from the local Chinese restaurant. Not only does it wreck our stomachs, it also wrecks our wallet! I’m trying to be more consistent about cooking healthier and this is one of our favorites for those crazy days. We love that fish doesn’t weigh us down or send us into a food coma, making us more likely to work on our projects after dinner. One of my hubby’s favorite parts of this meal is the easy clean up that follows since he has the responsibility of doing dishes.
So here’s what you need:
- – 4 tilapia fillets
- – Lemon juice
- – 1 tbsp butter
- – Sprig of rosemary
- – Sprig of thyme
- – Salt and pepper to taste
- – 1/4 freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix the rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese together and set aside.
- Turn the oven on to 450 F
- Prep a cookie sheet with nonstick foil
- Pour some lemon juice on a plate dredge the fillets (dredge = slop them around until they are covered)
- Place the fillets on the baking sheet.
- Lay a few slivers of butter on each fillet
- Sprinkle the fillets with the cheese and herb mixture
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until flaky
- Serve with side dish (we normally eat this with some basmati rice and broccoli)
679 total views, 0 views today